>How To Clean & Prime Your (EGO C, EGO Tank) eCigarette Atomizer - UK eCigarettes
How To Clean & Prime Your Atomizers
Clean & Prime Your New and Old Atomizers... If you have bought an ecigarette then you will have new atomizers along with your purchase, or if you already use ecigarettes then you will be using an atomizer already, either way understanding how to prime and clean your atty's is important for a great vape performance. This page will help you understand how to clean and maintain your EGO T and EGO C atomizers.
Tank Atomizers When you buy a tank based ecigarette for the first time (or when you buy a new atomiser) you are likely to notice a distinct engineered taste as well as a slightly below par performance from the new atomiser. To overcome this distasteful atomiser-beginning there are certain things you can do to enhance the performance and get rid of the engineered taste. This action is called ‘atomiser priming’ and involves working over the atomiser prior to using it, so as long as your not in a rush, here what you need to do:
New Tank Atomizer Priming
1. Take the new atomiser and blow heavily from the battery end of it onto a tissue to discharge any manufactured residue out.
2. Drop 3-4 droplets of e-juice directly into the atomiser chamber and let it stand for 2 minutes (right way up).
3. Screw the atomiser onto the battery and press the battery button to start the atomiser, do this for 4 times (each time should last for at least 4 seconds).
4. Repeat steps 1-3 over again one more time and you should have a fantastic working atomiser that has been well primed and does not contain any nasty tastes.
How To Clean An Old Tank Atomizer If you have an atomiser you have been using for a while and have started to notice performance issues there are things you can do to clean and maintain the atomiser - without the need for replacement. It should be noted that atomisers are consumable parts of anecigarette and will in time fail, however by cleaning and maintaining it regularly you can lengthen the working life span quite dramatically. Here is a guide to cleaning and maintaining an old EGO T atomiser:
1. Gently remove the spike portion which includes the ‘wick’, this is the little bit in the middle that you generally push your tank cartridge onto. (WARNING - Some atomisers have been known to fail completely by using rough actions).
2. Remove the coil, spike/wick and place in clean warm or hot water for at 4-5 minutes. After you have done this clean the coil by removing it and blowing through it onto some tissue paper. Then screw back onto the battery and press the battery button to perform a ‘dry burn; keep doing this until you see the coil glowing red evenly all round.
3. Place 3-4 droplets of e-liquid onto the coil.
4. Take your wick out of the water and pat dry onto tissue paper.
5. Perform some dry burns with the wick placed back in the coil, once the wick is white and dry add another 3 droplets of e-liquid to the wick and screw everything back together.
6. Every night unscrew your atomiser from the ecigarette and place upside down on a tissue and leave overnight to drain the ejuice from it.
Your old atomiser should be working at nearly new capacity again, this type of atomiser clean should be performed at least 1-2 times per week.
EGO C atomizers are different from the traditional Tank atomizers and require a different cleaning technique. If you are going to clean an EGO C atomizer you can use the below cleaning instructions to help you. Please note that the EGO C atomizer head is the little part with the spike.
Deep EGO C Atomizer Clean
1. Boil a pan of water with just enough water to cover the EGO C atomizer head, once the water is boiling drop the atomizer cone in. Let the water simmer for about 30 seconds and turn off the gas/electric - allow the water to cool with the atomizer still in the pan. Wait for at least 20 minutes and when you come back you should see that the 'ejuice gunk' has come out of the atomizer into the water.
2. Take the atomizer head out of the water and using a very small thin screw driver or knife remove the flat plate of the cone by prizing off the metal plate gently. The spike and wick should come away for the base leaving you with two parts. Once you have done this take the spike (which holds the wick within it) and using a small set of pincers grab the base of the spike, then using a lighter apply the edge of the flame to the underside of the wick to burn off the excess e-juice. You should see the wick turn white in colour again. Finally rinse the wick in warm water and dry off by burning the wick with the lighter again. (WARNING - Use extreme caution not to burn yourself).
3. To clean the base of the atomizer head simply dry any excess water off and screw the base back into the atomizer cone then screw the battery back on and perform several dry burn’s – each one lasting about 4 seconds and allow 10 seconds between each burn. Repeat this action until you see the little coil bar glow evenly.
4. Once you have completed the above steps rinse off the EGO C atomizer cone and base and dry - then put everything back together. Make sure when your putting the spike and wick back onto its base that you line up the edges for a perfect fit as the shape of the spike bottom should align with the inside of the ceramic base.
You should now have a clean and perfectly working EGO C atomizer which offers a nearly as-new burn. (WARNING - Some EGO C atomizers can break and refuse to go back together properly).